Continuing professional development (CPD) or Continuing professional education (CPE) is the means by which doctors are encouraged to continually update their skills and knowledge in order to remain professionally competent and achieve their true potential.
Benefits of CPD
- Build confidence and credibility, you can see your progression by tracking your learning.
- Earn more by showcasing your achievements. A handy tool for appraisals.
- Achieve your career goals by focussing on your training and development.
- Cope positively with change by constantly updating your skill set.
- Be more productive and efficient by reflecting on your learning and highlighting gaps in your knowledge and experience.